Fast food is often associated with unhealthy eating habits, high calorie intake, and weight gain. However, this does not mean that you have to avoid fast food altogether if you are trying to lose weight or maintain a healthy lifestyle. In fact, there are many fast food options that are low in calories, high in nutrients, and satisfying in taste. You just need to know what to order and how to customize your meal.
Lowest Calorie Fast Food Options
In this article, we will show you the top 10 lowest calorie fast food options from various popular chains, such as McDonald’s, Subway, Chick-Fil-A, and more. We will also provide you with some tips on how to make your fast food choices even healthier and more delicious. By the end of this article, you will be able to enjoy fast food without feeling guilty or compromising your health goals.
1. Subway Veggie Delight Salad
Subway is known for its customizable sandwiches, but did you know that you can also turn any sub into a salad? The Veggie Delight Salad is one of the lowest calorie fast food options you can find, with only 64 calories per serving. It is loaded with fresh vegetables, such as lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, green peppers, onions, and olives. You can also add cheese and dressing of your choice, but be mindful of the calories and fat content.
The Veggie Delight Salad is a great way to get your daily dose of fiber, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. It can also help you feel full and satisfied without adding too many calories to your diet.
2. Long John Silver’s Battered Shrimp
If you are craving seafood, you might want to try the Battered Shrimp from Long John Silver’s. This fast food option has only 130 calories per serving, which is much lower than most fried fish or chicken dishes. The shrimp are lightly battered and fried to a crispy golden brown. They are also served with cocktail sauce for dipping.
The Battered Shrimp are a good source of protein and omega-3 fatty acids, which are beneficial for your heart, brain, and skin health. However, they are also high in sodium and cholesterol, so you should limit your intake and balance it with other low-sodium and low-cholesterol foods.
3. Chick-Fil-A Kale Crunch Salad
Chick-Fil-A is famous for its chicken sandwiches and nuggets, but it also offers some healthy salads that are low in calories and high in nutrients. One of them is the Kale Crunch Salad, which has only 120 calories per serving. It is made with kale and cabbage tossed with apple cider and Dijon mustard vinaigrette. It also comes with roasted almonds for some crunch and flavor.
The Kale Crunch Salad is a vegan-friendly option that provides you with fiber, vitamin C, vitamin K, calcium, iron, and healthy fats. It can also help you lower your blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
4. Subway Grilled Chicken Salad
Another low calorie fast food option from Subway is the Grilled Chicken Salad. This salad has only 140 calories per serving, but it packs a lot of protein and flavor. It consists of grilled chicken strips on a bed of lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, green peppers, onions, and olives. You can also add cheese and dressing of your choice.
The Grilled Chicken Salad is a filling and satisfying option that can help you build muscle and burn fat. It is also low in carbs and sugar, which makes it ideal for people who follow a keto or low-carb diet.
5. Chick-Fil-A English Muffin
If you are looking for a low calorie fast food breakfast option, you might want to try the English Muffin from Chick-Fil-A. This breakfast item has only 150 calories per serving, which is much lower than most biscuits or croissants. It is made with a toasted English muffin topped with butter and jelly. You can also add an egg or cheese for some extra protein and calcium.
The English Muffin is a simple but tasty option that can give you some energy and carbs to start your day. It is also low in fat and sodium compared to other breakfast items.
6. Taco Bell Soft Taco
Taco Bell is known for its Mexican-inspired dishes that are often high in calories, fat, and sodium. However, there are some exceptions that are low in calories and still delicious. One of them is the Soft Taco, which has only 180 calories per serving. It is made with a soft flour tortilla filled with seasoned beef, lettuce, cheese, and mild sauce.
The Soft Taco is a good option for people who love tacos but want to cut down on calories and carbs. It is also high in protein and iron, which can help you stay full and energized.
7. Starbucks Egg White & Roasted Red Pepper Egg Bites
Starbucks is not only a place to get your coffee fix, but also a place to get some low calorie fast food options. One of them is the Egg White & Roasted Red Pepper Egg Bites, which have only 170 calories per serving. They are made with cage-free egg whites, roasted red peppers, spinach, and feta cheese. They are also gluten-free and vegetarian-friendly.
The Egg White & Roasted Red Pepper Egg Bites are a great option for people who want a high-protein and low-carb breakfast. They are also rich in vitamin A, vitamin C, calcium, and iron.
8. Taco Bell Cheesy Roll Up
Another low calorie fast food option from Taco Bell is the Cheesy Roll Up, which has only 180 calories per serving. It is made with a soft flour tortilla filled with melted cheddar cheese. It is simple but satisfying, especially for cheese lovers.
The Cheesy Roll Up is a good option for people who want a quick and easy snack or a side dish. It is also high in calcium and protein, which can help you strengthen your bones and muscles.
9. McDonald’s Strawberry Banana Smoothie
McDonald’s is one of the most popular fast food chains in the world, but it also has some low calorie fast food options that are refreshing and nutritious. One of them is the Strawberry Banana Smoothie, which has only 190 calories per serving. It is made with real strawberries, bananas, low-fat yogurt, and ice. It is also fat-free and gluten-free.
The Strawberry Banana Smoothie is a great option for people who want a fruity and creamy drink that can quench their thirst and satisfy their sweet tooth. It is also high in vitamin C, potassium, and calcium.
10. Subway Veggie Delight Sub
The last low calorie fast food option on our list is the Veggie Delight Sub from Subway. This sub has only 200 calories per serving, but it has plenty of vegetables and flavor. It is made with a 6-inch wheat bread filled with lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, green peppers, onions, olives, and your choice of cheese and dressing.
The Veggie Delight Sub is a great option for people who want a sandwich that is low in calories but high in fiber and vitamins. It is also vegetarian-friendly and can be customized to your liking.
As you can see, there are many low calorie fast food options that you can choose from when you are on the go or don’t feel like cooking. These options are not only low in calories, but also high in nutrients and taste. They can help you enjoy fast food without ruining your diet or health goals.
However, keep in mind that these options are not meant to replace a balanced and varied diet. You should still eat plenty of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean proteins, healthy fats, and water every day. You should also limit your intake of salt, sugar, saturated fat, trans fat, and processed foods.
By following these tips and choosing the right fast food options, you can have the best of both worlds: convenience and health.
Most Asked Questions And Answers
Q: What are some tips to make fast food healthier?
A: Some tips to make fast food healthier are:
- Choose grilled or baked items over fried or breaded items.
- Choose water or unsweetened tea over soda or juice.
- Choose salads or wraps over burgers or sandwiches.
- Choose low-fat or light dressings over regular or creamy dressings.
- Choose mustard or salsa over mayonnaise or ketchup.
- Choose small or regular portions over large or super-sized portions.
- Choose fruit or yogurt over cookies or ice cream.
- Skip the extra cheese, bacon, sour cream, or guacamole.
- Ask for no salt or less salt on your fries or chips.
- Ask for nutritional information before you order or check online.
Q: What are some of the highest calorie fast food options?
A: Some of the highest calorie fast food options are:
- McDonald’s Big Mac (540 calories)
- Burger King Whopper (660 calories)
- Wendy’s Baconator (950 calories)
- KFC Double Down (540 calories)
- Pizza Hut Meat Lover’s Pizza (360 calories per slice)
- Chipotle Burrito (1,000 calories)
- Starbucks Venti Caramel Frappuccino (510 calories)
- Dunkin’ Donuts Glazed Donut (260 calories)
- Dairy Queen Blizzard (730 calories)
- Cinnabon Classic Cinnamon Roll (880 calories)
Q: What are some of the healthiest fast food chains?
A: Some of the healthiest fast food chains are:
- Subway: Subway offers a variety of sandwiches, salads, wraps, and soups that are low in calories and high in
I will finish the question and answer section for you. Here are the remaining questions and answers:
Q: What are some of the benefits of eating fast food?
A: Some of the benefits of eating fast food are:
- Convenience: Fast food is easy to access, order, and consume. It can save you time and effort when you are busy or in a hurry.
- Affordability: Fast food is often cheaper than other types of food. It can help you save money and budget your expenses.
- Variety: Fast food offers a wide range of options and flavors. You can choose from different cuisines, ingredients, and dishes. You can also customize your order to suit your preferences and dietary needs.
- Enjoyment: Fast food can be tasty and satisfying. It can also provide you with comfort and pleasure.
Q: What are some of the risks of eating fast food?
A: Some of the risks of eating fast food are:
- Obesity: Fast food is often high in calories, fat, sugar, and salt. It can cause you to gain weight and increase your risk of obesity and related diseases, such as diabetes, heart disease, and stroke.
- Malnutrition: Fast food is often low in nutrients, such as vitamins, minerals, fiber, and antioxidants. It can cause you to lack essential nutrients and compromise your immune system and overall health.
- Addiction: Fast food can trigger the release of dopamine, a neurotransmitter that makes you feel good. It can cause you to crave more fast food and become addicted to it.
- Food poisoning: Fast food can be contaminated with bacteria, viruses, parasites, or chemicals. It can cause you to suffer from food poisoning and experience symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, fever, and abdominal pain.
Q: How often should you eat fast food?
A: There is no definitive answer to how often you should eat fast food. It depends on your individual health status, goals, and preferences. However, as a general guideline, you should limit your intake of fast food to once or twice a week at most. You should also balance it with other healthy foods and drinks, such as fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean proteins, healthy fats, and water.
Q: How can you make fast food at home?
A: You can make fast food at home by using simple ingredients and cooking methods. Here are some examples of how you can make fast food at home:
- Burger: You can use lean ground beef or turkey, whole wheat buns, lettuce, tomato, onion, cheese, mustard, and ketchup to make a burger. You can also grill or bake the burger instead of frying it.
- Pizza: You can use whole wheat pizza dough or tortilla, tomato sauce, low-fat cheese, mushrooms, peppers, olives, ham, pineapple, or any toppings of your choice to make a pizza. You can also bake the pizza instead of ordering it.
- Fries: You can use potatoes or sweet potatoes, olive oil, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, or any seasonings of your choice to make fries. You can also bake the fries instead of frying them.
- Nuggets: You can use chicken breast or tofu, egg white or milk,